1. Q: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO VISIT THE ISLAND?
A: The best time to visit is from April to September. Outside of this period you might need flexibility of schedules to travel as the sea can be rough at times. Our guests’ safety and comfort are our TOP priorities. Tours are at times cancelled to abide to our Safe Operation Policies.
2. Q: ARE TOWEL AND OTHER PERSONAL TOILETRIES PROVIDED?
A: Yes, bath towel, shower gel & shampoo are provided for all Sulaps guests. Nevertheless, guests are advised to bring their own personal toiletries.
3. Q: WHAT DO THE ACCOMMODATIONS LOOK LIKE ?
A: All “Sulaps” (huts) are on stilts and with wood flooring. Below each chalet is a deck area with a hammock and chairs. This is a very simple wooden village type house. Staircase to upper level is about 2 meters high with mattresses on beds in all rooms. Sayang Sayang Hostel is a single storey building with 4 dormitory rooms and one family room (corner with sea-view). The shower facilities are in the middle of the row. Rooms are equipped with beds, mattresses and ceiling fans.
4. Q: WHAT PRECAUTION SHOULD I TAKE AGAINST MOSQUITOES OR OTHER INSECT?
A: You are in the natural surroundings of the island so it is advisable to bring along insect repellents. Mosquitoes are most active at dusk and dawn, so it’s best to stay away from dark and humid areas at these times.
5. Q: IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR WHILE WALKING ON THE BEACH?
A: The island is endowed with white sandy beaches and crystal clear water that you will enjoy wading in. It is however also the natural habitat of rays and urchins who might not like to be surprised. So please tread lightly and have your flip-flops on.
6. Q: IF I LEARN TO SCUBA DIVE AT MARI-MARI DIVE CENTRE, IS MY LICENSE RECOGNISED WORLDWIDE?
A: YES. WE are a PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) authorised Dive Resort and divers we helped to certify are recognised all over the world. For more info on how to get certify as a PADI scuba diver, see here.
7. Q: WHAT ARE THE SCHEDULES FOR THE LAND AND BOAT TRANSFER?
A: We have only one schedule for each transfer sector.
LAND: Wisma Sabah, Kota Kinabalu to Kuala Abai Jetty, Kota belud - 7.15am.
Kuala Abai Jetty to Wisma Sabah - 4.00pm
SEA: Kuala Abai Jetty to Mari Mari Mantanani Island - 9.30am
Mari Mari Mantanani Island to Kuala Abai Jetty - 3.00pm
* These schedules are based on estimated time only and are subject to changes. Factors that can affect the schedules are traffic, sea and weather conditions. Ample allowances are advised if you have confirmed onward travel arrangement. Private charter and transfer outside regular schedules may be arranged subject to charges and availability.
8.Q: HOW CAN I PAY MY BILLS ON THE ISLAND?
A: You can pay by cash. We accept Malaysian Ringgit currency notes only. It is not advisable to pay by credit card. Although we do have Credit cards facility, it is still dependant on the instability of our satellite signal. Credit cards accepted are Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
9. Q: WHAT HAPPEN IF MY TRIP IS CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER?
A: In the event that the trip is cancelled by us due to factors that are beyond our control such as weather or sea condition, we will refund in full the tour fees after deducting any finance charges that may have been incurred. We however refuse liability for any damages, inconveniences or costs that may have been incurred as a result of the cancellation.
10. Q: WHAT HAPPEN IF I CANNOT MAKE THE TRIP?
A: Kindly note our cancellation policy as follow:
50% of full package payment will be forfeited for cancellation made within 15-30 days from tour date and;
75% of full package payment will be forfeited for cancellation made within 8-14 days from tour date;
100% for cancellation within 7 days from the tour date.
11. Q: IF I DO NOT WANT TO DO THE ACTIVITIES IN THE PACKAGE OFFERED, WILL I GET ANY REFUND?
A: No refund will be given for any part of the services included in any packaged tours that was not utilized by guest at their own option after commencement of tour. Full refund of the relevant item will be given if a service could not be rendered by us in the event of adverse sea, weather or other conditions necessary for service.
12. Q. CAN I JOIN THE TOUR IF I AM PREGNANT?
A: Unfortunately, we do not allow pregnant women to join our tour as the sea condition can get quite rough at times and
there is a lack of medical facilities in such a remote location.