1. Q: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO VISIT THE ISLAND?
A. Anytime of the year is a good time. The island is very near to Kota Kinabalu and the 10-15 minutes boat journey is relaxing for most visitors. However, rain is usually expected in Sabah during year end.
2. Q: ARE BATH TOWEL AND OTHER PERSONAL TOILETRIES PROVIDED?
A. Yes, bath towel & Soap dispenser are provided in the room. Nevertheless, guests are advised to bring their own personal toiletries.
3. Q: WHAT DO THE ACCOMMODATIONS LOOK LIKE ?
A. Nestled in the jungle amongst trees, in a natural setting connected by footbridges. Our rooms are with balcony on the hill slope with attached bathroom. Water heater is NOT available in the bathroom. Rooms are fitted with mosquito netting. Fan is provided in the room.
4. Q: WHAT PRECAUTION SHOULD I TAKE AGAINST MOSQUITOES OR OTHER INSECTS?
A: You are in the natural surroundings of the island so it is advisable to bring along insect repellents.
5. Q: IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR WHILE WALKING ON THE BEACH?
A: The island is endowed with white sandy beaches and warm sea water that you will enjoy wading in. It is however also the natural habitat of rays and urchins who do not like to be surprised. So please tread lightly and have your flip-flops on.
6. Q: IF I LEARN TO SCUBA DIVE AT MARI-MARI DIVE CENTRE, IS MY LICENSE RECOGNISED WORLDWIDE?
A: YES. WE are a PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) authorised Dive Resort and divers we certified are recognised all over the world.
7. Q: HOW CAN I PAY MY BILLS ON THE ISLAND? IS CREDIT CARD OPTION AVAILABLE?
A. Only cash is accepted on the island. Major credit cards are however accepted at our reception counter at Jessellton Point Jetty.
8. Q: WHAT HAPPEN IF MY TRIP IS CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER?
A: In the event that the trip is cancelled by us due to factors that are beyond our control such as weather, sea condition or other natural disaster or occurrences, we will refund in full the tour fees after deducting any finance charges that may have been incurred. We however refuse liability for any damages, inconveniences or costs that may have been incurred as a result of the cancellation.
9. Q: WHAT HAPPEN IF I CANNOT MAKE THE TRIP?
A: Kindly note our cancellation policy as follow:
50% of full package payment will be forfeited for cancellation made within 15-30 days from tour date and;
75% of full package payment will be forfeited for cancellation made within 8-14 days from tour date;
100% for cancellation within 7 days from the tour date.
10. Q: IF I DO NOT WANT TO DO ANY OF THE ACTIVITIES IN THE PACKAGE OFFERED, WILL I GET ANY REFUND?
A: No refund will be given for any part of the services included in any packaged tours that was not utilized by guest at their own option. A refund at a rate to be determined by us will be given for any service that could not be rendered by us in the event of adverse sea, weather or other conditions necessary for service.
11. Q. CAN I JOIN THE TOUR IF I AM PREGNANT?
A: We do not advise pregnant women to join our tour as the boat journey can get rough at times. However, given fair weather and calm sea, the trip is possible but subject to the Management’s discretion.
12. Q. IS THERE ELECTRICITY ON THE ISLAND? CAN I BRING MY ELECTRONIC GADGETS SUCH AS LAPTOP WHICH REQUIRES CHARGING?
A. Electricity on the island is powered by solar power and is supplies at 12 volts DC. This is not suitable for most electronic appliances. However, USB charger is provided in the room and charging stations for laptops or tablets are available at the common facilities.
13. Q. IS CAMPING AVAILABLE ON THE ISLAND? ARE UTILITIES PROVIDED SUCH AS CAMPING GROUND, TENTS ETC?
A. Camping details are available upon request.
14. Q. WILL THERE BE CLEAN WATER SUPPLY ON THE ISLAND?
A. All drinking water are brought in from the mainland are supplied for free throughout your stay. Shower water is filtered spring water and is not safe for drinking. Please do not drink from the tab.
15. Q. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT THE WILD MONKEYS OR OTHER WILDLIFE AROUND MY LODGE? ARE THERE ANY POISONOUS ANIMALS/INSECTS/REPTILES AROUND THAT I SHOULD BE AWARE OF?
A. As our accommodations are in a very natural setting, we always advise guests to be careful and take precautions at all times.
16. Q. WHAT ARE THE CHECK IN & CHECK OUT TIME? AND CAN I STAY ON THE ISLAND AFTER CHECK OUT?
A. Check in Time: 10.00hrs & Check out Time : 9.00hrs. And YES, you can stay to enjoy the facilities after checking out subject to appropriate payments that apply.
17. Q. WILL THERE BE HEATING FACILITIES SUCH AS MICROWAVE?
A. No. The island electricity supply does not support such appliances.
18. Q. CAN I DIVE WITHOUT A LICENSE?
A. Guests can try our Discover Scuba Dive package where you will learn about the basics of diving with our Professional Dive Instructor.
19. Q. DO YOU SELL THINGS ON THE ISLAND? (SOFT DRINKS, BEER, SNACKS ETC)?
A. Yes, snacks & soft drinks are available at the island counter.
20. Q. HOW MUCH TIME DO I NEED TO WALK AROUND THE ISLAND?
A. The island is quite large and has steep cliffs at parts, it is not advisable to go walk around the island. You can try trekking up to the hill. However, kindly note that you are not advised to trek without our crew. No well established trail is available at the moment. For more information, please refer to our crew.
21. Q. WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE BIG LUGGAGE?
A. Guests are advisable to only bring essential items to the island as location of rooms are on high ground, and the walk up can be challenging if burdened with heavy loads. Guests can store non-essential items at our office at Wisma Sabah; however it is at your own risk as the Management while will not be responsible for items kept under left luggage.
22. Q. CAN I JOIN OTHER TOURS DURING MY STAY?
A. Yes, we do arrange other tours so kindly refer to our crew for more information.
23. Q. HOW IS THE PHONE LINE CONNECTION ON THE ISLAND?
A. Reception for most mobile services is good on the island; 3G connection is also available.
24. Q. HOW IS THE WATER VISIBILITY?
A. Visibility is normally good on clear days with fair weather. However, the quality may vary with the weather due to the proximity to the mainland.
25. Q. HOW BIG IS THE ISLAND?
A. Approximately 800 acres in area.
26. Q. IS THERE ANY VILLAGES ON THE ISLAND? IF YES, CAN I WALK TO THE VILLAGE?
A. Yes, there is a village on the island but the walk is not advisable due to the steep hills and rocky shore.
27. Q. CAN I WALK IN THE JUNGLE BY MYSELF, WITHOUT A GUIDE/STAFF?
A. No, that is not advisable especially in an unfamiliar jungle. Guests should always be accompanied by a staff. Please refer to our crew for more information.
28. Q. IS THERE ANY BOAT SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM THE ISLAND TO KOTA KINABALU? IF YES, IS IT CHARGEABLE?
A. Shuttle to the mainland or other islands in Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park may be arranged subject to availability and appropriate charges.
29. Q. IS THERE ANY ATM’S ON THE ISLAND FOR OUR CONVENIENCE?
A. No ATM’s is available on the island.
30. Q. IS THERE ANY MEDICINE SHOP / PHARMACY / CLINIC ON THE ISLAND?
A. No. Medical necessities are best obtained from the mainland before traveling to the island.
31. Q. ARE THE ACCOMMODATIONS/TOURS SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN, THE ELDERLY OR THOSE WITH MOBILITY DIFFICULTIES?
A. The Beach Chalet is right next to the beach which is suitable for guests with walking difficulties or young children. The Hill Chalets are all about 30m above ground which requires some physical exertion and minimum level of fitness. Handicapped facilities are not available on the island.
32. Q. WHAT IS PROVIDED IN THE ROOMS?
A. Rooms are fitted with mosquito netting. Electric fan and USB charger is provided in the room. Water heater is NOT available in the bathroom.
33. Q. AS IT IS A PRIVATE ISLAND, CAN I SUNBATHE NUDE?
A. No, nude sunbathing is prohibited in Malaysia.
34. Q. IS LAUNDRY SERVICE AVAILABLE?
A. Yes. Please refer to our crew for more information.