Meet at Wisma Sabah, Jalan Tun Fuad Stephen, Kota Kinabalu (see refer to attached location map) and transfer by coach or van to Kuala Abai Jetty, Kota Belud. (Estimated travel time will be 1 hour & 45 minutes).
Arrival at Kuala Abai Jetty and depart to Mari Mari Backpackers Lodge at Pulau Mantanani Besar. We travel 1 hour going to the big island.
NOTE: For safety reasons, we may cancel / turn back if the weather or sea condition is deemed unsafe for the journey to proceed.
Upon arrival at Mari Mari Backpackers Lodge, freshen up and help yourself to a cup of hot coffee or tea provided.
Dive equipments will be provided to the guests and safety briefing will be given by our PADI DIVE MASTER / INSTRUCTOR.
After gearing up, proceed to the 1st Dive site on boat for 1st Dive.
Back to the Lodge for lunch.
Get ready for a 2nd dive. Proceed to the 2nd Dive site on boat.
Depart back to Kuala Abai Jetty. Upon arrival, board coach and proceed back to Kota Kinabalu.
NOTE: We may depart earlier from the island if the we foresee that there is a change in sea or weather conditions that may affect the safety of the journey.
Arrive Kota Kinabalu & drop off.
- Return Land transfer : Kota Kinabalu-Kuala Abai Jetty (Kota Belud)-Kota Kinabalu
- Return Boat transfer : Kuala Abai Jetty-Mantanani Island-Kuala Abai Jetty
- Diving equipments rental
- Payment / Service Voucher * Please bring along your logbook & diver certification card.
- Extra pocket money
- Insect repellent - Sun-block lotion
- Change of clothes - Towel
- Cap / Hat
- Plastic bag/DRY BAG to protect your personal belongings from getting WET.
Things To Note (Important - Please read carefully):
- Participant must be physically fit as this tour is for those who love adventures.
- For safety reasons, tour and activities are dependent on SEA & WEATHER CONDITIONS. We reserve the rights to CANCEL or POSTPONE the tour or any activities if we deem there is an absence of a safe operating environment. We monitor closely weather changes through the relevant sources.
- Due to the nature of the tour as well as the journey which involves overland and sea transportation, we do not recommend it to anyone who has pre-existing medical conditions that will normally preclude him/her from taking part in activities of similar nature. Children below 2 years old is also not encouraged. We reserve the right to refuse service where we deem appropriate.
- Liability Release Form MUST be signed and understood by the participant before the tour and activities commence.
- You might get WET during the boat journey, so please be sure to pack and stow your belongings properly during the journey. Dry bags or plastic bags for waterproofing are recommended.
- You may like to bring along rain coat in case of rain or to protect against splahes during the boat ride.
- We will not be liable for any damage to your belongings caused by exposure to elements of nature such as weather and sea conditions.
- Kindly note that you are responsible for the safe keeping of your belongings at all time. We do not encourage guests bringing along electronic devices, valuables and important documents.
- Age limit for diving with compressed air is 12 years old and above.
- Please check with us if you have any special dietary request, e.g. vegetarian. We however do not guarantee that we will be able to meet all requests.
- Please provide passport number and full name for security reasons.
1. Q: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO VISIT THE ISLAND?
A: The best time to visit is from April to September. Outside of this period you might need flexibility of schedules to travel as the sea can be rough at times. Our guests’ safety and comfort are our TOP priorities. Tours are at times cancelled to abide to our Safe Operation Policies.
2. Q: ARE TOWEL AND OTHER PERSONAL TOILETRIES PROVIDED?
A: Yes, bath towel, shower gel & shampoo are provided for all Sulaps guests. Nevertheless, guests are advised to bring their own personal toiletries.
3. Q: WHAT DO THE ACCOMMODATIONS LOOK LIKE ?
A: All “Sulaps” (huts) are on stilts and with wood flooring. Below each chalet is a deck area with a hammock and chairs. This is a very simple wooden village type house. Staircase to upper level is about 2 meters high with mattresses on beds in all rooms. Sayang Sayang Hostel is a single storey building with 4 dormitory rooms and one family room (corner with sea-view). The shower facilities are in the middle of the row. Rooms are equipped with beds, mattresses and ceiling fans.
4. Q: WHAT PRECAUTION SHOULD I TAKE AGAINST MOSQUITOES OR OTHER INSECT?
A: You are in the natural surroundings of the island so it is advisable to bring along insect repellents. Mosquitoes are most active at dusk and dawn, so it’s best to stay away from dark and humid areas at these times.
5. Q: IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR WHILE WALKING ON THE BEACH?
A: The island is endowed with white sandy beaches and crystal clear water that you will enjoy wading in. It is however also the natural habitat of rays and urchins who might not like to be surprised. So please tread lightly and have your flip-flops on.
6. Q: IF I LEARN TO SCUBA DIVE AT MARI-MARI DIVE CENTRE, IS MY LICENSE RECOGNISED WORLDWIDE?A: We have only one schedule for each transfer sector.
A: YES. WE are a PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) authorised Dive Resort and divers we helped to certify are recognised all over the world.
7. Q: WHAT ARE THE SCHEDULES FOR THE LAND AND BOAT TRANSFER?
A: We have only one schedule for each transfer sector.
LAND: Wisma Sabah, Kota Kinabalu to Kuala Abai Jetty, Kota belud - 7.15am.
Kuala Abai Jetty to Wisma Sabah - 4.00pm
SEA: Kuala Abai Jetty to Mari Mari Mantanani Island - 9.30am
Mari Mari Mantanani Island to Kuala Abai Jetty - 3.00pm
* These schedules are based on estimated time only and are subject to changes. Factors that can affect the schedules are traffic, sea and weather conditions. Ample allowances are advised if you have confirmed onward travel arrangement. Private charter and transfer outside regular schedules may be arranged subject to charges and availability.
8.Q: HOW CAN I PAY MY BILLS ON THE ISLAND?
A: You can pay by cash. We accept Malaysian Ringgit currency notes only. It is not advisable to pay by credit card. Although we do have Credit cards facility, it is still dependant on the instability of our satellite signal. Credit cards accepted are Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
9. Q: WHAT HAPPEN IF MY TRIP IS CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER?
A: In the event that the trip is cancelled by us due to factors that are beyond our control such as weather or sea condition, we will refund in full the tour fees after deducting any finance charges that may have been incurred. We however refuse liability for any damages, inconveniences or costs that may have been incurred as a result of the cancellation.
10. Q: WHAT HAPPEN IF I CANNOT MAKE THE TRIP?
A: Kindly note our cancellation policy as follow:
50% of full package payment will be forfeited for cancellation made within 15-30 days from tour date and;
75% of full package payment will be forfeited for cancellation made within 8-14 days from tour date;
100% for cancellation within 7 days from the tour date.
11. Q: IF I DO NOT WANT TO DO THE ACTIVITIES IN THE PACKAGE OFFERED, WILL I GET ANY REFUND?
A: No refund will be given for any part of the services included in any packaged tours that was not utilized by guest at their own option after commencement of tour. Full refund of the relevant item will be given if a service could not be rendered by us in the event of adverse sea, weather or other conditions necessary for service.
12. Q. CAN I JOIN THE TOUR IF I AM PREGNANT?
A: Unfortunately, we do not allow pregnant women to join our tour as the sea condition can get quite rough at times and there is a lack of medical facilities in such a remote location.